- Home BRUâ€™d Sessions: VulGarrity
The dynamic brother/sister duo of Shawn and Tracy Garrity (together, they have the punny moniker VulGarrity) came into the station a couple weeks ago to play some songs and give us an interview. You might remember them from Rock Hunt 2011–which they won handily. Four years later, they’re still making music, and we were super excited to welcome them back to the station.
The harmonies on their live acoustic versions of “Flight Simulator,” Stygian Night,” and “Dear God” are exquisite–a nice counterpart to their usual dark, atmospheric rock. Check VulGarrity out at The Salon in Providence on November 19th, and pick up their latest album (released in July) here.
- New single: Stygian Night
Here's the first single from our new album Afterlife. It's called "Stygian Night". Enjoy!
- New England Music Awards Nomination
We were nominated for "Best in State: RI" in the New England Music Awards! Cast your vote here...http://www.nemusicawards.com/ne-music-award-nomineesvote and tell your friends to do the same!
- sit down series: vulgarrity
- VulGarrity is a highly skilled and cool rock band consisting of siblings Shawn and Tracy. The two put on an incredible set before Electric Six went on stage in Providence last week. After their inspiring performance, I had the chance to interview the superstar siblings to not only get to know more about their band, but I learned about a very special story regarding Queens of the Stone Age, their influences, and more.Alex Obert: How did VulGarrity begin?Shawn: We’re brother and sister, we’ve been playing music together since we were kids. We’re in a bunch of different bands together. We got sick of going through other bandmates, having people in our band that weren’t as committed as we were to playing music. So we just came up with a way to play music without having to rely on any other musicians by using loop pedals and stuff like that. That way, you can pretty much get away with making a full band sound with just two people. That’s how we came up with the idea for VulGarrity. And we’ve been going at it ever since....
- Best Act Nomination / Upcoming Show Promo
We were nominated for Best Act in this year's Providence Phoenix Best Music Poll. Please vote - and while you're at it vote for DirtyDurdie as Best Rap Act. You can vote once a day through May 18th. Cast your vote here: http://contests.thephoenix.com/bmp/providence/2012/vote.
Then, watch this promo for our upcoming show on May 25th:
- New version of "Boogeyman" to be used in the film "Early Grave"
The upcoming film Early Grave will feature a brand new version of the song "Boogeyman" which originally appeared on our first album. Here's a preview: http://soundcloud.com/vulgarrity/boogeyman-2012-early-grave-mix
- VulGarrity: The Series - Holiday Special
Santa’s big night is coming! What would happen if he made a pit stop at VulGarrity headquarters during his trip? Well, watch our Holiday Special and find out…
In addition to being a Holiday Special, this episode also marks the end of the first season of the series.
- "From Dusk Till Shawn" - VulGarrity: The Series, Episode 5
VulGarrity agree to donate their time by performing at a benefit show for a blood bank. Little do they know, the show's hosts are looking for a different kind of donation.
Episode ending song "All Hallow's Eve" available on iTunes and at the "Store" link above.
- All Hallow's Eve
Brand new "All Hallow's Eve" music video, from the album "Dance 2 The Grave", available on iTunes and at the "Store" link above.
- VulGarrity: The Series - Episode 4
Tracy's agent Miranda Silver has big plans to put her in movies, which would mean the end of VulGarrity: The Series. Shawn and the crew concoct a scheme to put an end to Miranda's plans - and her life.
Episode ending song "Murderhand", from the album "Dance 2 The Grave", available on iTunes and at the "Store" link above.
- VulGarrity: The Series - Episode 3 in 3D
2 more days until Episode 4 is released. In the meantime, bust out your biggest, ugliest pair of 3D glasses and check out Episode 3, in its entirety, in 3D!
Happy Friday! Episode 4 comes out next week. In the meantime here's the music video from the episode, slightly modified (the episode version will contain bloopers from the set, this one doesn't). Most of this footage is from the VulGarrity: The Series Screening Party at the Colosseum on 6/10.